Saturday, July 21, 2012

Mini Raw Key Lime Raspberry Cupcakes



I never had tea parties when I was a little girl.  I guess me and my friends prefered to just play barbies or dress up or chase the cat around the house.  We weren't the type to sit down and pretend to have tea and crumpets.  In fact, when I was five I hated tea.  But I imagine if I did have tea parties, I would have served mini cupcakes. 


They would have looked something like these mini raw key lime raspberry cupcakes I made last week!Because anything I served at my tea party would have had to have pink frosting. 


I made my usual raw cupcake base which is mostly coconut and almonds sweetened with a bit of agave and vanilla, and added a good amount of lime zest and juice to make them sing of lime when you bit into them. 



For the frosting I used a cashew coconut recipe which is increadibly creamy and laced it with fresh raspberries to tint it pink (no food coloring needed).  Lastly, I decided that the cupcakes needed to be topped off with raspberries. 


They were adorable, and more importantly they tasted amazing!  They had the tartness of lime and raspberries, but the sweetness of vanilla cake.  I would have been proud to serve them at  tea party as a girl.  I would love to enjoy them with a crisp white wine as an adult! I guess you are never too old to enjoy cute little desserts!


Mini Raw Key Lime Raspberry Cupcakes
Makes 24


Cake:
2 cups raw almonds
1 3/4 cup finely shredded dried coconut
1/4 tsp sea salt
1/4 cup maple syrup
2 Tbsp organic lime zest
1 Tbsp lime juice
1 tsp coconut oil
seeds of half a vanilla bean (other half reserved for frosting) or 2 tsp pure vanilla extract


Frosting:
1 1/4 cups raw cashew pieces soaked at least 3 hours but preferably soaked overnight

1/2 cup filtered water
2 tablespoons maple syrup
1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract and seeds of half a vanilla bean
1/4 cup coconut oil (warmed to liquid)

6 organic raspberries

24 organic raspberries for topping

For the cake, line a 24 hole mini muffin tin with liners. In a food processor, combine almonds, coconut and sea salt in a food processor and process until finely ground, the consistency of almond flour. Add maple syrup, coconut oil, lime juice, lime zest and vanilla bean and process until smooth, well combined and holding together when squeezed. If not holding together add a little more coconut oil by the tsp. until it does. Scoop up the mixture by the rounded Tbsp, and drop into mini muffin tins, pressing into a cupcake shape. Place in the refrigerator to set, about an hour. Meanwhile, to make the frosting, combine all ingredients in the food processor and process until smooth. Place in the fridge for about 1-2 hours until pipeable. When ready to frost, place the frosting in a pastry bag fitted with a large round tip, and pipe onto cupcakes.  Top each with a raspberry!

26 comments:

  1. These are so cute! They look great inside and out!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :)! They were delicious inside and out as well ;).

      Delete
  2. These sound absolutely amazing!! They look great, too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These sound great! And they are so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Smile. Yes. I would totally serve mini cupcakes too. Preferably of this variety. Thank you so much for sharing them with me!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Monet :)! I love sharing, thanks for sharing all of your delicious recipes as well!

      Delete
  5. Replies
    1. You should! No baking time, which means you get to enjoy faster ;)!

      Delete
  6. These are adorable! And SO delicious sounding - we will be making these for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Holy moly I gotta try these!!! THANK YOU! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for visiting! Hope you enjoy them :)!

      Delete
  8. I'm going to miss getting these in my food buzz inbox so much! Subscribed via email :) I would love it if you would follow me too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Michelle! I will follow you :)!

      Delete
  9. This recipe looks incredible and super-cute, too. I love anything limey so these are on my list to make very soon! Thank you :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for visiting and for the wonderful compliments :)! Hope you enjoy the cupcakes as much as I did should you choose to make them ;)!

      Delete
  10. Keep it up!! You have done the nice job having provided the latest information.
    Cosytronic Tips And Tricks

    ReplyDelete
  11. These look so yummy and healthy too!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Recent times when internet has so much gossiping and stuff, your content really refreshes me. Gi Mongolia Website

    ReplyDelete